Tuesday, July 20, 2004

dysfunctional

ok i just realised hoe diverse and complex my family is. wow.
ok here it goes.
my mom's a northen indian thus she's very fair and doesn't look like a typical indian. also the weird thing is that she doesn't speak her language at all. she doesn't know it. she speaks to my grandfather in english and my grandmother in malay. yea. also she speaks hokkien to all the market people and my father's side grandparents.
ok then my dad's a chinese but he speaks english most of the time. also he rarely reads the chinese newspaper,only for 4D results, and watches mostly only english shows and english gossips.
thus i'm a chindian. ok that's the first level of complexity.
then, my dad's a buddhist and my mom has sikh traditions but she doesn't practice the religion thus i consider her a free thinker even though she goes with my dad to the temple to pray. but then, my dad never fails to snd me to church every sunday cause i'm a christian. and my brothers are free thinkers as i feel they're still too young to decide. that's the second level of complexity.
lastly, the neighbours don't know what to think anymore cause my family celebrates every festival----Christmas, Depavali and Chinese New Year. yea.
dysfunctional huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home