Friday, April 06, 2007

Good Friday

When i saw the live theatrics of the cruxifixion of Jesus in church today, i was left shaken...quite badly.
Then i started to cry.
I guess it just really hit me hard when i actually saw, or rather had a small taste of what Jesus must have gone through during the day of his cruxifixion. Then it really dawned on me that here was my God, giving everything to me, and i have most of the time, given Him nothing in return. Nothing, except empty promises and repeated sinning. I felt really ashamed and foolish, and i realised that deep in my heart i was crying out for forgiveness.
It struck me particularly hard when Pastor Joel repeatedly quoted Jesus' last words to the sinner on his left.
"I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise".

Good Friday is the day when Jesus Christ died for all mankind. He took upon Himself all the world's sin and consequences of sin, and brought himself to the deepest depths of hell to suffer for us. God gave us his one and only Son, to come to Earth to live and to die for us, for our sins. He has died, so that we may live. We have been forgiven.

Good Friday is the day when Jesus Christ died for me.

"And we're so amazed, and we give you praise for the power of the cross"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home