Thursday, January 01, 2009

Pick a part that's new

In a way, I was afraid to start on this post, because what it means is an affirmation of a beginning. It is not necessarily a new one, but regardless, the factory production line churns to life with a manufactured sound. For those of you who know me, change is not my friend.

In 2008, there were 2 main questions that I sought to answer. The first, was whether an idealist can survive in the world. The second, what joy is.

For the former, 2008 was a year where I solidified my beliefs in idealism. There was distinct moments and events which helped in reinforcement, all of which I give thanks for. There were, however, boulders which came smashing down, and left me for dead. So to answer the question, I do not know for sure if an idealist can survive in the world, but I do know, that for the simple constructs of the idealists which becomes reality, it is fully worth it to continue to try and hope.

As to what joy is, it is not happiness. Both are of a different nature and do not cross paths. I cannot tell you what joy is, nor will I tell you that it is something you have to experience it yourself. I will tell you, however, that it is one of the most beautiful things in the world. It is suffering, it is faith, it is love.

This year, I believe that there will be numerous battles on the fields of idealism. The lush greenness will be drenched with a sea of ruby red, and all hope will have seemed to be lost. But there will be morning, and there will be light. I believe that my beliefs are going to be tested, and the same question that I asked at the beginning of 2008 will come back with more venom.

This is going to be the year where we will see if Rebecca, Peyton, the woman in black, Talleyrand, Bismarck and Napoleon can exist. The white wash from the Battle of the Atlantic will crash in bitterness onto my face. I will feel the freeze of numerous retreats from Russia. I will see Nelson's flag 'England expects every man will do his duty' raised at Trafalgar. I will be haunted by Rebecca. Idealism will be epitomised in Peyton. I will fear the woman in black. And most preciously, I will love and be loved by the people whom I cherish. They know who they are.

God has been good in 2008, and I do not see any reason why not to trust His plan for me in 2009. I take comfort in the knowledge that if my God, Jesus Christ, is for me, then no one can be against me. I know I say this almost every year, but, Faith, Hope and Love will be enough.

"I do not know exactly what we must believe, but I believe that we must believe in something!"

We can all be kings over the parkway.

Best wishes for 2009.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home