Monday, April 20, 2009

Waiting for the rapture

"Between the click of the light, and the start of a dream."

A lot happens in between. Last night was a prime example. As I switched off the lights and was about to go to sleep, I saw a small figure sitting on my bed. And suddenly, a thought entered my mind; when it's all said and done, beneath all of us there is only one thing - fear. But this time, I did not feel it. Instead, a wave of familiarity and calmness washed over, and I grew more excited than scared as I switched the lights back on.

It was her. Plain. Simple. Beautiful. Perfect. Her.
My daughter.

I had not seen her in a while. The last time she time travelled was all the way back on 24th February 2005. It was a brief encounter then (it is described on this blog on a post of that date), and for almost 4 years I have longed so dearly to see her again. She was about 4 to 5 this time round, with a sleepish grin on her face, as if knowing how happy I was to see her again. I hugged her tightly, as if it would be my last. Letting go, I asked her how she had been. She told me that we had just come back from disneyland and that she had the time of her life and she begged me to remember to take her there one more time when I grew up.

I don't know what it was, but she seemed closer this time, as if she was really going to be permanently stuck in this moment. She then told me that her mother had showed her pictures of me singing her song when I was this age, then she said, "I love you", and wrote "I'll see you soon" on my arms.

White flashes.
Then, nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home