Friday, January 15, 2010

Augustine

I haven't really regretted anything in my NUS life so far, but I would probably regret it if I left the school without doing Europe of the Dictators and Singapore Military History. Just like how the 'doctor' (who was probably God manifested) pressed me to choose passion over practicality just before I entered NUS, so now again did Prof Murfett (I hope he reads this) remind me of the choices I had to make, and the reasons for making them.

In any case, today's lecture was quite interesting. He talked about the German surrender of The Great War, and how the German public and even the military were completely taken by surprise when Germany surrendered because no foreign army had stepped into German soil. The legacy? Complete defeat of another became of paramount importance in every subsequent war to drive the point of complete defeat home to the people so that Hitler cannot happen again.

Augustine, oh Augustine. Is it worth all that war just to win? If it is, can you take me back to where it begins?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home