Saturday, July 02, 2005

number five with a bullet

It seems that since youung, i've been taught to face my problems head on, to fight bravely and to victoriously conquer them.
"come on shane, this is all part and parcel of learning" or " come on shane, to learn to ride the bicycle, you have to fall first," are stuff my parents will usually tell me.
and i have, believe me, i have done my upmost to tackle my problems head on, to look at them straight in the eye and demand them to go away.

now, for once, please, please let me run, just let me run away. let me run freely till i can feel my legs no more. and then let a miracle appear, a solution presenting itself right in front of me. unbelievable, you say.

well, i wouldn't blame you. all of us were brought up to think like that.

everyone seems to be forgetting someone, and it just so happens that it all coressponds to one person- shane koh. sometimes, no, actually all the time, i show my concern for people subtly and quietly, more like a backstage crew kind of guy. then why should i now wallow in self pity since i have chosen this path.

i do confess that i was really hurt and dejected when during council camp, the elects could name all the guy councillors except for one, take note, only ONE guy whom they failed to recall- me. in an elect's e-mail, she refered to me as "shane mdm", the only flaw in her otherwise perfect ode to the councillors. well, i guess i'm just me. me. me. it seems impossible to contain more than one word in that sentence. me. no matter how hard i try. me. come on shane, you can. me. did i complain to anyone? no. all i did was just make a joke out of it. me.

now i hear this new piece of news. ever had this toy which you could share all your fears and hopes with, whom you could talk to whenever your parents scolded you and in turn, hoped that he could take you to his fantasy world and make all your sorrows go away? your only solace. and what if somewhat took it away. what would you do? yea..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home