Tuesday, August 09, 2005

ndp 2005

I love watching the national day parade with my parents, especially with my dad. It's one of the few programmes that can bring my whole family together at one tv, without any quarrel. star search used to do that for us too, until i grew out of it and basically thought it quite a waste of time. this year's parade was great! foundationally, the parade gave people exactly what they wanted. i've always been thinking year after year, if singaporeans like that aerial display so much, why not make it last longer and better? thankfully this year there did it. the chinooks and the f-16s were in their full glory, not to mention the new purchases of the charlie helicopters and the refueling plane. to top it all off, there was a mini air show by 4 f-16s, which quite took my breath away.
the next best thing was the artillery display, which was simply fantastic. with a mass array of over 200 vehicles, comprising tanks, apcs, logistics support, chemical combat, police and fire vehicles. it really made me proud to be a singaporean at that moment.
i thank God, for blessing this country, for His great mercy and grace upon Singapore, that He has seen us safe from natural disasters and man-made ones. i thank the Lord for blessing us with wonderful leaders, that have steered singapore into safety and prosperity. God has indeed also been faithful and merciful to me as well, for He has placed me here, in a beautiful country, among family and friends that i love so dearly. thank you Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home