Monday, December 25, 2006

feel like no other

A little boy came up to me today. He looked at me ernestly with a look on his face which showed evidently that he wanted very much so to ask me a question. So i invited him. I asked, " you look like you've got something to ask."
he nodded his head.
i raised my eyebrows.
he spoke, " do you think we can have superpowers?"
"why not?" i answered.
he became wary, "i'm not talking about immense courage...or superb intelligence..or other normal abilities we as humans can do but are just too ignorant, lazy and faithless to do, you know, "
i stood stunned.
"i'm talking about real superhuman powers."
i bent down, with a face of reconciliation meeting his. my eyes meeting his.

"she has," was all i said as i tilted my head towards her. he followed my gaze.

"she made me human again."

Humble smiles flashed across both their faces.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home