Sunday, July 01, 2007

NS

Today marks the 40th anniversary of National Service in Singapore. Today marks the countdown to my ORD (actually the i have been counting down since day one, but now, i can actually smell it, see an end in sight). 4 months people. 4 months.
Taking aside all the whining (which is standard issue), I've come to realise that I actually did enjoy my NS stint, especially my B.M.T. days. They were really one of the highlights of my life, now and then i tear just thinking back on those days. My first friends in NS were made in Raven Platoon 3, and it turns out, they're one of my best friends now. Zul, Navin, Ben Eu, Ben T, it has been a privilege and honour sharing my life with you guys. The day before we ORD, we so have to get together and countdown yea! It'd be phenomenal.

I wish I could post more pictures of my army days, but I'm afraid it might tresspass security shit and all, so yeah. But really, those 3 months were the best times of my life in these 2 years.

Then on to OCT, where it was a different ball game altogether. Awesome friends made there as well. THANK GOD Zul there with me all the way. He is such a blessing to me. Ben, Small Jon, Darras, Sean, Sufiyan, I think these people will be friends for life.

Also not forgetting the CLASS GUYS (by the way guys i think we should one day all wear our vocation outfits and take a picture together!), Kelvin the M.C. King, Alvyn the "i'm sleeping now in the medical centre" medic, Wei Kee the demolitions expert, Daniel the garang Guards Man, Raymond the baywatch lifeguard and Norman the 'army has turned him super muscular' guy.

Anyway, I guess i had quite a pretty good time in NS, and YES I AM VERY, VERY BLESSED.
Thank you, Lord Jesus, for everything you've given me in these 2 trying years.

"He went, like one that hath been stunn'd
And is of sense forlorn:
A sadder and wiser man
He rose the morrow morn"

-Samuel Taylor Coleridge, The Rime of the Ancient Mariner






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home