Sunday, April 11, 2010

Ridin in my car

Is the male voice dead?

Recently, I've discovered that my current spate of music interest has centred around the female voice. A few months back, I did a post on the Raveonettes, The Submarines and The Kills, all of which have a female lead.







Now, let me introduce three more - Au Revoir Simone, She & Him and Emmy the Great.







And come on, these girls are not some Amanda 'play the keyboard which when you look at it is not really so important in the band so much so that they can still survive without her so maybe ultimately she's just there for the glam and rock chic factor and nothing else' Ling. Don't get me wrong, I like the girl (I went to puke from nervousness after I met her for the first time and got her to sign my electrico badge). But let's face it. She's not Stevie.

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy my recommendations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home