Thursday, February 24, 2005

again

i saw my daughter again today. she was probably around 6 or 7. she looked the same as the last time i saw her; long black hair, cheerful little face, little white teeth, small hands, small gentle hands, and soft pretty eyes. this time it was she who time travelled. i found out about 2 time travels back that she too could break into the 4th demension. i guess she got it from me. i felt proud, yet sad at the same time.
this time, i was lying on my bed in my room and out of nowhere she appeared, looking a bit flustered from the journey. her cheeks flushed bright pink and she looked around to assess her surroundings, trying to figure out where she was. relief overtook her when she saw me, and the smile that i loved so much flashed on her face and she came running to me screaming "daddy! daddy!" i felt enormously blessed, to be put in such a situation, and such a unique situation at that.
she held something in her hand, and when i asked her about it, she glowed with excitement and got all chirpy. she said, in a rather high pitch, "daddy! daddy! look what i've brought you! lookie here! lookie here! your wedding photos with mummy!" she handed me the photos and it was my turn to glow.
my wife looked simply spectacular and there was nothing to compare. in this case, there was an omission of words such as 'relative' or 'contrast' or 'compare' or 'subjective'. i looked at her face, and stole a laugh, as if knowing again she was the one all along. i guess i'd always known it, just that i didn't believe that such a wonderful thing would happen to me. that such a wonderful girl would fall for me. it was just crazy. i wanted to believe something that was already happening to me.
white flashes. my daughter left without saying goodbye. i didn't blame her. you wouldn't ever know when you would time travel next. what was left were the photographs in my hands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home