Friday, June 17, 2005

Dedicated to 04A1A

-Twelve Candles-

here I stand, in front of the door
that will lead me on to a new story
and leave everything behind in memories
of myriad a spectrum of images and musings
I hesitate, for I fear trodding on paths unknown
that are mythed to stomach all happiness
and past experiences, leaving everything
that i once held onto so dearly as treasures of mind
into oblivion, a hollow and empty soul
i fear forgetting those closest to me
extinguishing the flame of bond that held us
i fear forgetting, and forgetting to fear
for that would mean that i have already let go
the door stands menacingly, and beyond i know not what lies
by tradition and meaningless cliches
i am obligated to open this door
and continue on my path of life
the one usually taken more
and condemn me to an insignificant statistic
who is, forgotten.
no, it shall not be thus
for sometimes, to carry on with a path
lies not in reaching for diverging roads
but progressing forward by opening not the door
and walking back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home