Sunday, April 08, 2007

Easter Sunday

Easter Sunday.
Today, Jesus has risen from the dead and has taken his rightful place in Heaven, to the right hand throne of God. And yet, He is still with me now. I feel Jesus in my room.
A while back, i was downstairs and suddenly i heard my dog barking upstairs. So i went up to check and she was barking and howling violently at my room. The lights were off and i couldn't see anything. Then my parents came to see what was the commotion all about. Anyway, we turned on the lights and she went to sniff here and there. In my mind, i wanted to tell my dog that Jesus was visiting me. I know Jesus is always with me, but maybe this time, he revealed himself to my dog? I don't know, i can't really explain it. Anyway, my parents are quite freaked out now and they told me to wake them up if "anything happens".

Anyway, i realise i look up to Amanda Tay a lot. Although she's younger than me by a year, she's got a commitment and dedication to God uncomparable to anyone else i've seen in a while. I guess by her actions, she really reminds me to keep on my path with God. She's strong with God given strength, and a real guide light for others to see Christ in someone. I am very thankful and blessed to have her as a sister in Christ and a great friend.

I guess today was a day of reflections. In particular, my thoughts frequently transported me back to the day I accepted Christ.
10 November 2002.
I had attended church for about 2 months already and in my heart, i knew that i believed in Jesus, that he died for me and my sins, and he rose again. I believed he was the one and only living God. Then i remember something someone said about the prayer of acceptance and i actually didn't know how to pray it or if, for that matter, i could pray individually. So that day, when i went to the fellowship deck, my care group leader, Mae Shaan was there. I asked her about the prayer of acceptance. She said she would pray with me.
And so, where the church library is (before the new block extension was built), in the midst of the poundings and drillings of the construction work, there was a serenity and calmness in my heart, and i prayed to receive Christ as my Lord and Saviour.
Thereafter, only Joyance.
I know that since then, i have stumbled many times in my walk with God. I am still stumbling now. But i know too, that i am growing in Christ daily. I know too, that i am trying to rely on his strength and wisdom to guide all my actions. Above all, Love.
Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home