Sunday, May 13, 2007

Othello

Hey guys, I had quite an interesting time doing this just now. Took me quite a while and a lot of thought actually.
Anyway, here's my suggested list of people from NYJC to play the respective roles of the cast of Othello!
Enjoy!

Othello---Alvin Tan from A5. I feel he has the stength of character to play the role, but tampered with a weakness so subtle that only Iago would manage to see. I had quite a tough time chossing this one.

Iago--- Kenneth Chong from A6. I feel that he has the right concoction of wit, cunningness, sublimity and mystery that surrounds him. But then again, I don't really think i can find a perfect match for Shakespeare's greatest villian.

Cassio--- Raymond. Has the composure and righteousness to play the character, "poor and unhappy brains for drinking" included. I do not mean it as an insult.

Roderigo--- Daniel. err...yea..

Brabantio--- Norman. Possesses the hysteria required from a father who has just been betrayed by his daugher.

Duke--- Alvyn. The logic and reasoning behind the chaos.

Desdemona--- Jin Ting. She has the capacity to emote love and tragedy.

Emilia--- Hannah. She would have good chemistry with Jin Ting, and I feel she has enough power to see through the last scene of the play.

Ok Yay now the O4A1A Version!

Othello--- Raymond

Iago--- Emily

Cassio--- Alvyn

Roderigo--- Daniel

Desdemona--- Si Min

Emilia--- Angela

ok yay that was fun!!
hey Kelvin, Daniel, Emily and Michelle, do one on your blogs!!
Alvyn and Angela!! get a blog!!!
Raymond!! Revive your blog like your friendster account!
Wei kee! Blog on the class blog!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home