Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Flowers in the window

I think this post is way overdue. Actually, come to think of it, I think a happy post has been a long time coming, reckon people who read this blog think i'm this perpetually depressed robot from the future in a galaxy far, far away, a planet most probably called 'emonia' or something like that.

Anyway, the 'Front' season has been in for quite a few episodes already, but due to my procastination and plain laziness, it has not featured here yet. I remember blogging about the last season of Front few months back, and I think I said something like it was the best arts oriented programme Singapore had to offer. Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, it did! (wow...did I like..run out of phrases or something?)

Firstly, and no offence to Najip, thank God they brought back Kumar. In my humble opinion, Kumar is God's gift to Singapore media, Singapore comedy, Singapore Arts, and of course, Front. I am such a hugggeeeeee fan! In today's episode, he had an interview with Foreign Minister Geroge Yeo, and he was classic. I thought he was an instant hit, and I haven't laughed like I did for a very long time.

Quote of the show : "If I was in PAP, I would cut the ERP." I was in tears. Any other person who said it wouldn't be half as funny.

Hossan Leong's also a good addition to the team. It's a real pity, though, that he doesn't get more air time, cuz when he does, he's simply superb! I think he's another one that the arts scene here should be thankful for.

And then there's Phin a.k.a. clone kelvin ong! He's so witty and flamboyant. Seriously, I often watch the show and wonder about his childhood. Sometimes his jokes or quips are so deep it takes me a moment to get it (guys, not saying much). I reckon he has good music taste too, cuz there was this once, he gave Icky Thump a rating of 4/5.

And finally, there's Debbie Wong and Eunice Olsen. What a spectacular pairing. You can really see the chemistry between the two of them, as though they're sisters. If there was ever one local celebrity I've always wanted to meet, it would be Debbie Wong. (:

(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:

On an ending note, I would like to dedicate 'Flowers in the window' by Travis to the 5 Front presenters, who have made such a big impact on my life, even though I've never met them (but would really, really like to, can you tell, can you tell?!).

"Wow look at you now
Flowers in the window
It's such a lovely day
And I'm glad you feel the same
Cause to stand up, out in the crowd
You are one in a million
And I love you so
Lets watch the flowers grow"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home