Saturday, June 14, 2008

Warmth of the sand

Amanda was trying to convince me to go for NUS Arts camp.
The following conversation ensued.

Amanda: Why are you not going for arts camp?!
Shane: argh-uh (think a whiny sound) it's just not me.
Amanda: okay are you going to stay in hall?
Shane: Don't think so.
Amanda: Esther, do you stay in hall?
Esther: Yup!
Amanda: Look Esther's so happening!

At this point, my crap talking kicked into high gear, and I have no idea what gave me the power to spur the next reply.

Shane: Look, there are 2 types of people in uni. There are the happening people, who take part in all the events and all. And then, there are the people who take photographs of these happening people taking part in the events. I belong to the people taking the photographs, and I'm happy with that.

On the one hand, I can't wait to go back to school. The biggest reason for that would probably be the fact that the class guys (yes kelvin) and Angela would be sort of reunited again. Then there are good friends there too, like Emiko, Esther and Gwen to hang out with. Then there's Yong Kang as well, who is my partner in photography. And of course, for the studying itself, I can't wait to be immersed in history again, my escapism from this world.

On the other hand, everything else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home