Tuesday, January 02, 2007

2006 in review

I waited until i got into a really emo mood to do this.
2006 in review.

This year, i can safely say that i lost myself. Looking back in perspective, i can say that i don't really like the person i was this year. It somehow felt like it wasn't me, it wasn't how i would act, how i would behave, how i would deal with things, how i would treat things, how i would prioritise things and people and how, well basically, i wanted to live my life. A lot of mistakes this year, which means a lot of learning and growing up. Many people i have to say sorry to, many mistakes i have to apologise for.
Indifference. It was a plague that killed me torturously slow. Ignorance. He was my playmate. A needle and a thread that wove my destruction.

This year, especially during a the middle months, i neglected most of my friends. Even people down at the hood like the class guys i did not give as much attention to as i did before. I guess it wasn't anyone's fault but mine, cuz i didn't prioritise my time properly and i was simply giving too much attention to one particular direction that i simply ignored the rest. North was God. East was my family. West my friends. Everything was going south. So for this year, i'm gonna concentrate and prioritise my life for these 3 groups of people that have always been there for me, though i don't always outwardly appreciate them. for 2007, i wanna live a servanthood life. I guess God has been constantly trying to get that across to my thick skull in 2006 but yea i guess i was just too ignorant and stubborn. Anyway so yea i'm gonna give my best for God, my family and my friends this coming year.

Speaking of friends, here's a big shoutout to all my loved ones.

ALVYN- Thank you for always paying for our meals, cab fares, movie tickets, christmas presents, birthday presents, hotel accomodations etc etc. Please don't get the wrong idea that we're after your money! we all love you man (though not in THAT way..i'm sorry). Thanks for always being so encouraging and positve. Keane...ok...rocks!

KELVIN- Thanks for all the laughs buddy! Although you are most of the time late, hmm...i don't really have a continuation for this....so please be earlier next time!! haha.. Class guys wouldn't be class guys if Kelv wasn't in it. We would be missing tons of jokes, epigrams, teasings, whinings yaddah yaddah. Let's gay again in a hotel room soon dude. I miss England.

RAYMOND- One of the most reliable guys you can find on the face of this earth, thanks for always being there for us man. In 2006, we found an untapped resource of wealth in Raymond's bank account for we're looking to utilise it in 2007! See this space for more updates! Raymond's such a funny and lame guys lah. "hey upgrade your humour version to blah blah".

WEI KEE- What would i do without my gay buddy? The ultimate of all entertainment buffs, thanks for bringing such humble joy to our hearts (i know wei kee must be going like "what the crap is shane saying here?!?!" ) I hope you get to marry Jude Law in 2007! So looking forward to catching all the fantastic movies 2007 will bring us!

DANIEL- Firstly, we need to hang out soon!!! I can't wait to get Dan into the weelock place Fish and Co. for lunch someday. It would be such a blast! Daniel's fun, bombastic personality is missed by me. Hope everything goes well for you in camp man, my Raven company buddy! Only less than 1 year to go and we ORD!!! December 8th. Counting down the days man!! God bless!

MICHELLE- Thanks for all your valuable advice last year, espcially during..yea. You've always been there for me in 2006, just like you've always been there for me in JC and council. I am so thankful for our friendship, along with all your self-amusing and (surprisingly) entertaining pyrimid games and guess the song. Really glad i got to spend the countdown with you and the class guys. Ok don't stress to much for your uni life. Take it as it comes.

MELISSA AND IVAN- I have to declare we are the best band in the world. We are so good, compared to bullshit (haha ok that was a line from Tenacious D). Anyway guys i just wanna say that i think we're constantly improving and if we let God take the direction, i'm sure we'll do fine. The gig last year was just the continuation of many more gigs to come, i sure. To Melissa, you're embarking on a new journey with someone now and i hope that all will go well. Let God guide you. Don't forget us or i will murder you. Then Ivan and I can sing 'How to save a life'. haha lame. Ivan, less than a year to ORD!!! Just suck it up man. We'll get through this!

SARAH- I'm so, so glad you're back. It's been a blast catching up with you. Thanks to you and your advice, i had plently or direction and sight to work with in times when things were looking down. Thanks for always being there for me even though you're in Australia. I'll definitely come down to visit you sometime soon, maybe at the end of the year, after i ORD. Your friendship means eternity to me and yea as i said before, i woudn't trade it for anything in the world. Keep the faith going strong yea!

RYAN- It's been great knowing you, and yea don't worry, i totally understand what you're saying...the accent don't matter. I hope the weather down here stays cooler for a while more, at least till you go back down under. Uni life here's not bad, i hope you enjoy it, mate. Wishing you and Sarah all the best! God Bless!

DEBBIE- I know you have to go to work early tomorrow, but yea think about it, it's only 3 days to the weekend! Sleep at your desk! Listen to Anberlin, Jack's Mannequin and Muse over and over again! Do anything to pass your time in office quick! I am truly gald to have found someone with such a huge passion for music, and someone who's so easy and comfortable to talk to (haha refer to 'girl phobia' post). I hope you enjoy the Muse concert! i hope Dashboard comes to Singapore! And Taking Back Sunday too! (though it's a long shot) Please update me if they're performing in Australia! Alright stay cool, and say NO to music commericalism.

DEE- Thanks for not forgetting your brother dave here. I wish you all the best when you get back your A level results later on. May you get the results you desire and get into the uni you want. Thanks for listening to my problems when i had them. You've been a great listening ear. Good luck with your love life as well haha.

EMIKO- I hope you do well for your A levels! Have faith in yourself cuz I have faith in you, and i'm sure your loved ones do as well. It's been great knowing you and just know that you have my support for msu and whatever path you choose.

ALL MY SQUAD FRIENDS AND BMT FRIENDS. NAVIN, BEN EU, BEN T, ZUL, GUO BEI, BEN LEE, DARRAS, EJ, SUF, ERNEST, ASHRAF, WEI YANG, FREDERIC, FARHIN, KHAIRY, KENNY, JON LAI, JON NG, MARC, ZINC, NICK, SEAN, YONG KANG AND CHIRAQ. I LOVE YOU ALL DEARLY AND I WILL WRITE A DETAILED THANK YOU NOTE TO YOU GUYS VERY SOON! TO OCTs, WE'RE GONNA PASS OUT FINALLY!!! WHOOHOO!!
NO MORE "WELCOME TO THE SUCK!"

2007 looks to be a great year, well, at least i'm gonna try to make it great with God's help. Humble servanthood life, humble servanthood life, humble...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home