Sunday, July 15, 2007

Family

I guess my parents raised me up to be quite a conservative person, in terms of Asian values and whatever connotations that appendages itself along.
I rely a lot on my family, and to tell you honestly, i wouldn't be who i am today without them. Sure, i may be screwed up at times, but i guess that's more due to my teenage angst and rebellion than anything else. Sidetracking from what i aim to say in this post, i think my biggest problem now is keeping my head down; think when you start to enter young adulthood, you tend to get a bit proud at times, think you know it all. Well, Shane, you don't.
Anyway, in my life, i place a lot of emphasis on my family, and i seriously think that i will continue to do so in my future. I guess that's why i've always wanted to be a teacher (after i realised that to be a submarine commander, you'd have to be good in math, and i'm...ok yea i think you get it). Cuz as a teacher, okay first and foremost, i have a passion for teaching, let's get that clear. Secondly, I get to continue to lead the life i am currently living. You know, weekends off, school holidays, get to come back home for dinner every night, that sort of thing. I think this would be very important for and to my family. I want to spend time with them, watch my daughter grow up and such; you know, stuff like not missing their first day at school, being there for their award ceremonies, being present for my wife's functions etc etc.
so i've pretty much mentally prepared myself. I don't think i'm gonna be very rich in this life (but very much so in the afterlife in heaven), but i guess i also know that i'm not going to be poor. Sure, times might get tough, but i know i would always have my family there with me to see it though.

So kid, if maybe somehow, some way, 10, 20 years from now you stumble across this post, know that i did it with you and your mother in mind. Sorry if i couldn't afford PS7 for you the other day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home