Friday, August 03, 2007

We lucky few, we band of brothers

Alvyn, Kelvin and Wei Kee, this post is addressed to you guys! It’s a proposal for the journey on our Eurotrip!!! I know you guys (don’t know about wei kee though) haven’t watched Band of Brothers yet, but please, please do watch it before we make our plans to go wherever. I assure you that after watching it, your decision on where to go might change. So anyway, I was thinking of re-tracing the route of the 101st Airborne Paratroopers E company, except for the part in America. So here it goes:

• Wiltshire County, Aldbourne, England
• Normandy, France
• Cherbourg, France
• Eindhoven, Arnhem, Veghel, Zon, Mourmelon (All Holland)
• Bastogne, Belgium
• Noville, Switzerland (Kelvin!!)
• Alsace, France
• Ruhr, Germany
• Berchtesgaden (In the Alps!)

Ok I know it might seem rather ambitious and freaking expensive, but I was thinking, if we’re gonna go on a euro(hello?!)trip, might as well make it the most kick ass one ever taken by four 20 year old Singaporean whiny kids. I guess the main mode of transport would be rail, or bus if possible, though we’d have to check it out and plan it properly.

Anyway I hope you don’t get the wrong idea that those are the ONLY places I’m proposing we go. I was thinking more of like a country specific. For example, we’d go to England, and one of the places we’d have to visit is Aldbourne. Then comes Oxford and London and etc etc. So it’s like in Germany we could go to Frankfurt or Berlin, but we’d also have to go to the Ruhr and stuff like that. I don’t know, but what do ya’all think of semi-backpacking? Alvyn, stop screaming.

I know it seems a real mean feat, but think of if we’d managed to achieve it, to go on this spectacular journey that spans some 4 countries or more. Think of it, guys. It’s probably gonna be our only one chance in our entire lives to do this. After this lull period it’s uni, and then work life, and then married life, and then kids life, and then retirement life.

Trust me, when you have finished watching all 10 episodes of Band of Brothers, you might be swayed to turn this way.

One chance, guys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home