Monday, August 13, 2007

Week 1 EPL 07/08

Alright! The English Premier League is back in full force again, and what an amazing display of the beautiful game, I must say. It was spectacular, emphatic, and brilliant, all in the confinement of pockets of 90 minutes around the country. Ah yes, you can probably tell that I have missed the premiership so dearly. Good bye Friday night S-league!
Anyway, I guess I won’t comment on some of the matches, since I either, well, don’t care, or am too sad to say anything about it. Good on the Magpies for a dream start to the season! 3-1! I think it goes beyond the wildest dreams of Sam Alladyce. There is a certain confidence growing in the Newcastle squad this season, and it was clearly evident during their game play against worthy opponents like Bolton. Congratulations too, goes out to Sunderland, the new kids (errr actually not really) on the block. I only have 2 words to say about their win.

Roy Keane.

One thing about Man Utd I’d notice (other than the scoreline which did not reflect the one-sidedness of the match…..73% possession, 25 shots, people), was a unique discipline which I’d not really spotted before. It did not come from the field, but from the bench. I saw the substitute and injured players all present, all donning the same attire, all intensely watching the match, all present and accounted for, Sir! Sir Alex, to be exact. Solskjaer, Gary Neville, Saha, Nani, Fletcher, O’Shea, Hargreaves all watching over the playing squad, as if guardian angels. I remember feeling quite inspired then.

I remembered 98/99.

Even on the field, as well as off, there was a distinct respect from the red devils given to both the manager and the club. A refreshing discipline which did not scream (although I would love the see the hair-dryer treatment on Mourihno and friends).

This is our treble season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home